Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ready for a Recipe?

My husband, love him though I do, will not eat a casserole to save his life.... will only eat pasta when forced... makes my casserole-lovin', pasta-lovin' appetite very sad most days. But, since I do get to plan the meals for the daycare, I can get my fix! Today I'm making one of my very favorites - Ham It Up Spaghetti. Simple, delicious, comfort food!

Here's the recipe

Ham It Up Spaghetti

16 oz spaghetti - broken into 2" pieces
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 3/4 cups milk
1 T minced onion
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 cups cooked, cubed ham
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Cook spaghetti. Combine soup, milk, onion, parsley and worchestershire sauce in a bowl. Drain spaghetti. Add soup mixture and pasta to ham. Transfer to a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes until browned and heated through. Mmmm, Mmmmm, Good!

What is your favorite casserole?

4 comments:

Laura Fluke said...

This sounds yummy!!! I will have to give it a try sometime.
Cheers! to a good day....

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great dish; thank you for sharing. Have a great windy day. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Let me know if my kiddos eat this well, then I can try it at home. Sounds yummy!
~Jess

Anonymous said...

My fav is probably tuna noodle casserole. But another one I like that is really easy is a breakfast casserole.

grease 9x13 pan
1 pkg cresent rolls, layed flat on the bottom of the pan.

1 lb sausage browned and layered on top the rolls.

2 cups shredded cheese sprinkled over sausage.

7 eggs, prepared like you were going to scramble. (milk,salt,pepper) Then pour the mixture over the cheese.
Bake at 425 for about 18 min.

Optional onion/peppers

~Jess