Monday, November 17, 2008

Beautiful Fall Day Yesterday!

I finally got one. One of those beautiful fall days I love - and on a weekend when I could truly enjoy it with my family!

The sky was blue, the sun was shining, the wind was light, the air was cool, but not cold. We went out to the lake with all 3 dogs and walked a 4-mile trail. The ground was littered with leaves and they crunched so loudly you could hardly hear anyone talk. No bugs, no sweat - just a nice afternoon with B and the kids.

To have a day like this sandwiched between a busy, hectic weekend and the upcoming, busy, hectic week - well, it was a much-needed respite!

We all live the crazy life anymore it seems - something always needs done, always need to run somewhere. Slow down and enjoy the little things as they come - a beautiful day, a snuggle with your child, time with friends - it makes the crazies a little less crazy!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you and your family was able to enjoy that beautiful day God gave us yesterday. You are so right; we are all way to busy. Some girl friends and I went to Momma Mai last week end and you were so right; it it great. Brenda and I already have the CD; Charles loves for me to play it loud in the car. Have a great day. Tammy

Laura Fluke said...

Ahhhhh, what a day! I am glad you were able to enjoy it!!!