Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In Preparation of Halloween

Really, we drag out the fun of Halloween for several weeks - the dressing up, the fall art, the fun of enjoying things a little bit spooky. The older kids were all out of school recently for parent/teacher conferences. On days when it was wet and rainy. So, I ran to my second home - da Wal Maht - and picked up a few extra activities for everyone.

One of the things I picked up was a face-painting kit. They all had so much fun painting each other's faces, then admiring the work in the mirror. Here's some of the kiddos' creations....




Then last week we focused on pumpkins - talking about them, feeling them, doing lots of pumpkin art, and of course - playing in pumpkin guts. We carved a cute little pumpkin together as a daycare project, but I had several others waiting around for our family to do. Knowing that B does not like scooping out the pumpkins, but the kiddos love to play in it, we gutted all the rest of our pumpkins on Friday and the kids had a ball! One of them said, "Hey look - We're Guts Grabbers!" Too cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun it must have been to gut pumpkins; can I come next time? When you said you felt like you were in your own world, don't worry; I am most of the time and it's not bad because everyone knows and loves me there. You are a great lady, wife, mother, daycare provider and friend. Thank you for taking the time to share your world with others. I truly enjoy reading your blog. Did I win yet? Hope you have a great day. Oh and you are also a great stamp lady and I am truly blessed. See ya Tammy

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have tried this a couple of times and have not gotten it to work. Finally I think I got it. As one of the Mom's of your daycare kids I can tell you the pumpking "gutting" was a hit. We heard about it all weekend!

Barb

Anonymous said...

You always do such fun things with the kiddos!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh and yeah! da Wal Maht is like the best place ever!! (Just ask K)
Jess

Laura Fluke said...

I love the ideas you have... your kiddos are so awesomely lucky to have you as their provider...! Yes, I mean that, not just sucking up to win.

Anonymous said...

Well yeah... I thought that was the whole idea. Dawn you just need to remeber that when you are all alone it's okay because everyone there knows and loves you...I do too. Did I win yet? Tammy