Monday, August 23, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Festivies - Sunday

The Marriage Celebration continued into Sunday - we crammed both events into one weekend as we only were assured of them being able to be there that weekend and we didn't want to skip anything!




(This was a framed scrapbook page I made for them... Love the quote: "This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."

Sunday was the day of the reception dinner Mom's been planning and working on so hard. She tested and tried new recipes and planned enough food for an army! We got there mid-afternoon and got to visit and help set up and prepare the food (and taste test!). Everything looked and tasted amazing!







Mom even surprised Jacque with a wedding cake she had made for them so she could take pictures and watch them do the traditional cutting of the cake! It turned out gorgeous and it was great to get to be a part of this touch of tradition.


Mom getting big hugs after Jacque gets to see the cake...









I really enjoyed getting to know Jacque a little better during their visit here this weekend and I look forward to getting to know her better from wherever the army puts them!



Thank God for email and the internet! I'm thrilled to have Jacque for a sister-in-law and aunt for my kids! Welcome to the family! We love you!

No comments: