Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School

I've been waiting for this day since early this summer! It's not that I don't love my kids because I do. It's not that I don't want to spend lots of time with my kids, because I do. But, we all just do better with a break from each other. and my kids love school! They've been looking forward to it as much as I have!



So, today was a big day of firsts. The first day of school, of course. The first day with having our 3 kids in 3 different schools!

--the first day of 3rd grade for Chloe. She loved meeting her teacher last night and leapt out of bed this morning, jumped into her clothes and was rarin' to go by 6:30 - I love how excited she gets for school and I am so excited for her 3rd grade year because I am already so impressed with her teacher and her class is full of good friends!



--the first day of 6th grade for Spencer. 6th grade seems so big! He was also chomping at the bit to go to school today. He was up and dressed and wanting to leave by 7:00 because he didn't want to miss the shuttle bus (which doesn't leave until about 7:45!) He waited until it was time to go by walking up and down our street watching for when friends would be leaving! I'm anxious to hear about his first day and all his new teachers this year!



--and the first day of HIGH SCHOOL for Tyler. She has been giddy for months! Such a milestone... She is so excited to go find her classes, see her friends and get to work. She's had her first-day-of-school outfit picked for weeks and couldn't wait to head out the door in it. I would never in a zillion years wear the things my baby girl does, but I am so proud of her for it. Tyler is very much her own person and does things they way she wants - she doesn't care what anyone else thinks or says and she has no interest at all in following the crowd. I love that she has the self-confidence to be this way!





I am really enjoying being able to get into a routine today as I become in charge of it again, rather than a house full of big kids who want everything to be their way. But, I have had these kids on my mind all day. I can't wait til they get home and get to tell me all about their days!

I'll fix our traditional "Thanksgiving" dinner tonight as a smart-allecky tribute to how thankful we all are that school has started again and we'll hear all about everyone's highs and lows today. We'll get into a routine and get used to a school schedule again. I can't wait!

No comments: