Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothering - Post-Mother's Day Thoughts

These here, these are why I get up every morning and do what I do. Maybe not always with a smile, but still loving it. My kids are my life and my reason and I love them more than I ever thought possible.





There is no way to know what to expect before your kids are born - the unimaginable feeling of love that over takes your every moment. The joy their laughter can bring, the pain their hurts can bring, the fear their illnesses can bring and on and on. I've seen a quote that says something about having a child is like having your heart walk around outside your body - so true!



It's hard work, it can be frustrating and angering and tiring, but underneath it all is the huge amount of love. Love to carry you through those hard times. Love of the fun and big events and their accomplishments. Thankfulness of the little things they do that show their love back. Hope for their futures. Joy in their joys.



There are no other people on earth that I love like my kids, like I want to spend time with like my kids, that I enjoy working so hard for. My kids treated me with wonderful notes of love on Mother's Day and we had a wonderful weekend together. I am struggling now with watching them each grow up so quickly and no longer be the little babies that needed me so much. I know I have to let go of their hands and try things on their own, but it's so hard.



I hope my kids always know how very much they are loved and how thankful I am to be their mother. A mushy, kind of random post and I don't think I really used my words to their best to get my point across, but that's all I can manage for now.

Tyler, Spencer and Chloe - you are loved by your mother. Thank you for who you are and for making me who I am...

No comments: