Friday, February 5, 2010

Wrapping up the Week

I woke up to this this morning.



My first thought was "ugh".



I'm so tired of snow. I'm so tired of cold. I'm so tired of winter. I'm so tired of being stuck inside with children who need to be spending more time outside. My next thought was, "Oh stink! I hope they don't close school!"



Then I tried to switch gears and be positive. It is beautiful. This is probably one of the prettiest snows all year.



But, try as I might - I still don't like it!

Anyway, as much as I would rather curl up in a ball, go back to bed and pretend it's not snowing again and that we won't get more snow this weekend, we surged on with our day.

We continued learning about the letter V and made out Volcano! I modeled it from clay (and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself!). Loaded the pit in the top with baking soda and poured on the red-colored vinegar (another V word!). And then it erupted. Please forgive me for not having pictures of the eruption. Pouring highly staining liquid in the presence of 7 excited children while holding a camera just didn't seem like a good idea. I got to hear lots of ooohs and aaaah and cools and sweets and one "Now, I've seen a volcano! And it was in Dawn's house!"



After we cleaned up our lava mess we got back to work with some shapes. We made squares by gluing popsicle sticks on paper and then practiced drawing squares and decorating our papers to make them beautiful! Everyone concentrated well and worked very hard on their projects!











Next week - Love is in the air! All kinds of Valentine's Day fun!

No comments: