Monday, February 22, 2010

I refuse to acknowledge....

... that I'm sitting here, in front of my space heater wearing layers of sweatshirts and tall socks, avoiding looking out the sliding door at the 6 inches of snow - again... Listening to my children home at 2:00 on a school day because it's another snow day. With my back protesting after shoveling snow yesterday - again... I'm done. I am done with winter. It's time for warmth, for sun, for color. It's time to be outside, for fresh air, to smell flowers... It's time for flip flops and t-shirt and fun dresses...

The end of winter is always the longest stretch. We had a beautiful fall - right to the very end so I should try to remember that. I vaguely remember wishing for it to cool down enough to wear sweaters and sweatshirts and boots, but once it turned cold, it turned COLD and stayed cold and I'll be danged if this isn't the most snow I remember having dealt with.

I need to see scenes like this soon - live and in person! I know you're with me! But, for now, I'll just enjoy these 2D versions and try to remember that spring will be here soon and the warmth will come!



















No comments: