Friday, January 15, 2010

More of the Letter S and Snowmen!

I've really enjoyed the art from this week and the kids have, too!

We rounded up the week with reviewing the letter S - I'm so impressed with how the kids were thinking of S words all by themselves! Love to see those little minds going!

To bring home some of those S words this morning, we painted with the Spoons and Silver paint!









We also made Sack Snowmen - decorated lunch sacks to look like 3D snowmen! Everyone had fun playing with them after they were done making them, too!



As we've gone through these past two weeks, we've learned a lot of fun snow and snowmen songs - our favorites have actions! Ask your kiddo to sing their favorite songs for you!


"Snow is Falling, Falling Down
Snow is Falling, Hit the Ground
Flurries, Flurries
Snowing, Snowing
BLIZZARD!!!"
(rhythm poem with clapping hands)



"It is snowing, it is snowing
On my hands, on my hands.
I need some gloves, I need some gloves
On my hands, on my hands"
to the tune of "Are You Sleeping"

and continuing til we're all bundled up!



"Dance like snowflakes.
Dance like snowflakes.
In the air
In the air
Whirling, twirling snowflakes
Whirling, twirling snowflakes
Here and there
Here and there."
(to the tune of "Are You Sleeping")



"Make a snowball, make a snowball
Throw it now, throw it now
Make a snowball, make a snowball
throw it now, throw it now"
(to the tune of "Are You Sleeping"



We're already looking forward to next week!

No comments: