Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Fun at Daycare

Wow - the excitement is so big today for Halloween and costumes and trick or treating and candy. There are times when I've very nearly literally had to peel children off the ceiling! We've enjoyed a celebration atmosphere all day with just having fun together!



We've played dress up in the dress up clothes and costumes.





We talked about pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns and ooey gooey nasty slimy things as we gutted a pumpkin and explored the gook and seeds!


Miss K, "Oh, yeah - this is gross but I like it!"


Miss A, "I'll do it, but I don't like it!"


Miss M was the bravest of all the kids and did the most gutting!


L'il Miss K, "You want me to put my hand in There?!"


B, "I am NOT putting my hand in there..."


"... and you can't make me!"


Mr. M, "OK, I'll touch it with just one finger..."


"...eewwy, eewwy, eewwy!"


W was the bravest little one!


And he did a great job digging seeds out and getting them in the bowl!

While we played together this morning, we talked about how to stay safe on Halloween.

We talked about things that scare us - and came up with quite a list:

And then talked about how when we see scary things like these on Halloween, they are just pretend and in good fun!

I'm anxious to see everyone in their costumes when they come to trick-or-treat tomorrow!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: