Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To All My Daycare Families - Past & Present

This is the end of an era.

Kinda dramatic, but that's how I feel....

It's been a wonderful, crazy, amazing, blessing of a 12 year journey. I am so thankful for the time I've been able to stay home and run this child care. I've learned a lot, I'm proud of the way I managed it, I've had a lot of fun and I've grown as a person.

I am so blessed to have been able to be home with my own little ones - when they come home from school and before they leave in the mornings, when they're under the weather, during the summers, when they headed off to kindergarten, as we did pre-school lessons together and I was so happy to be their first teacher, as they were rambunctious, ornery toddlers, as they learned to walk and to talk, when they were infants.

I am so blessed to have come to know and love so many incredible, amazing children and their families. I have more wonderful memories than I could ever recount. Looking back through the pictures we've taken over the years brought all those memories rushing back...

These are just of the few memories I can put pictures to right now - there are so many more!

Baby Smiles











Loving on such cute little ones...
And seeing them grow up into amazing "big" kids! (Also many, many more pictures of little ones I've been lucky enough to watch grow into wonderful big kids, but couldn't match up that many pictures!)









Learning Together

























Playing Together















Sharing Meals Together



Peaceful Naptimes







Snuggle Times




Lots and Lots of outside time































Birthdays











Halloween Parties









Our Christmas Late Night Tradition





Watching Friendships Develop



















I consider myself honored to have worked with you and taking this step is bittersweet. I'm so excited about the next step for me, but I will certainly miss making memories with all of you. Thank you for these 12 years - for trusting me with your children, for being my friends, for helping me grow and allowing me the opportunity to be the mom I wanted to be, as well. I love you all!

3 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

THIS IS TYLER!!!! My mammas the bestest! i loved the daycare when they weren't all attacking me =) but it was totally awesome! =) love ya momma

K. Clements said...

I hope you know how much we truly appreciate you & your entire family. We will not soon forget the wonderful years as neighbors & friends. Not to mention, the part you've played in raising & shaping our little Andi.

All Our Best. The Clements' Family

Anonymous said...

D~
We really have had an adventure with you over the last 6 years, it is so hard to express in words what it means to me. I am very appreciative to not only you but your whole family for opening up your home to so many families, mine especially. It is so hard to go to work and leave your babies in someone elses care...you made that so much easier. I knew that although nobody will ever love them like their momma, you came in pretty stinkin close. The relief I felt to know my kids were being loved, taught, and taken care of was a blessing to us every day. I hope you know how thankful I am to you for loving my babies, all 3 of them...and being my friend. You will be forever a part of our family. We love you.
The Bryans