Monday, January 10, 2011

Big, Huge, Life-Changing Decision!

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. This must be the point God has chosen for it to happen. An opportunity has come along that I was unable to pass up and I am taking a job! An actual, leave the house, work with grown-ups job. And I am so excited about it!

That being said, I am also so incredibly sad that I am closing down the daycare. I have grown this daycare for 12 years and I have loved staying home, working with the many incredible families I've worked with, loving all the amazing kids I've cared for over the years, learning the many things I've learned. But, I have known for a while that I am not a "lifer" and it's time to move on.

After today, I will have 9 more days of keeping kiddos in my house and after that, the house becomes just a house - not a business. I am so looking forward to that. Again, I've loved my time - and it's served the wonderful purpose of being here with my kids, but I'm ready for it to just be "us" for the first time ever! The last day the daycare is open will be January 21. I start my new job bright and early the next Monday!

I just want to leave a big THANKS and LOVE YA for all the amazing families I've been blessed to work with and the same to the other wonderful providers I've worked with as well! This has been an incredible part of my life - just as I know this next stage will be as well!

-Dawn

No comments: