Monday, November 29, 2010

Ornament Traditions

I love Christmas ornaments. I love the memories behind them. We have a wonderful tradition where we give each of the kids an ornament each year that reflects something they are "into" that year.

This year, Chloe got a girlie monkey ornament:



Spencer got a frog:



Tyler got a brightly-colored, funky snowman:



My mom/Nana gets the kids each an ornament each year, too - the girls get angels:





Spencer gets a snowman:



I have ornaments from each year of my child-hood as well and I love seeing them each year. My first one:



And my second:



I have plate of antique ornaments from my grandparents' tree that I cherish as well!



And this year, I got to decorate a shelf my grandpa had made for my grandmother and I now get to enjoy in my living room and then I get to top it with elves we had in our home when I was growing up - sweet memories!

No comments: