Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Day

I woke to my daughter's excitement after receiving a text from a friend at 5:30! this morning telling her there's no school today. We had probably 3 - 3.5 inches on the ground. No school, lots of kids gone, my kids home and excited and my one other school-aged kiddo here. My heart wanted to dread it and I really started out that way, but the snow is so pretty! And the kids were so excited. So, how do you not go out and play in it?

We went out for about 45 minutes this morning, we threw snowballs, we made snow angels and we built a snowman together. It was fun watching the youngest ones in the group get a feel for how cold and slick it was and to see the older ones enjoy playing together.


all the kiddos checking out the snow...


A's pretty smile- note the weinie dog frolicking in the background...


Chloe, getting ready to fling a snowball...


W - slippin' and sliding - check out the makeshift snowboots to keep his feet dry!


K - cheesin' in the snow! She had a ton of fun til her hands got cold!


Spencer and B - note his make-shift boots, too! He wasn't real sure about it, but did jump in and help make the snowman...


Our Snowman - pretty cute if I do say so myself!


When we came in when warmed up with hot cocoa. Yummo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your home made snow boots for the kids! And I love the fact that you let them go out and play, because I know by the time I get home it will be to dark! You rock D!
~J