Friday, August 14, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am so thankful for my 3 beautiful, smart, kind, fun, energetic children. I am so thankful to be able to be home with them while taking care of the daycare kids. To be both Mom and Day Care Provider during the summers is very hard. My kids want their freedom - to relax and do what they want, to have fun, to have attention from their mother, to hang out with their friends, etc. The daycare kids need guidelines and routines and attention as well. Trying to find the balance during the long summer days is sometimes very difficult and can lead to fighting and frustration - from all of us.

Thankfully, all 3 of my kids Love school! They've been excited to go back since almost the time they got out for summer break. I've been excited for them to go back. I love spending time with them but I know that our time during the summer is not the kind of time, of quality time, any of us want to spend together. I would much rather their days be full of friends and learning and fun and come home to me ready to share what they did all day, excited to be home, enjoying each other and me and their daddy. Our evenings go so much more smoothly when everyone's had that break from each other, when they are excited about the things that have been offered to them each day, and when I've been able to get through the things I want to with the daycare without the summer distractions like fighting and disobedience that I often have to deal with.

I love my kids with all I am all the time, but we all enjoy each other so much more during the school year!

We are all thankful for school! To celebrate that thankfulness, yesterday - on the first day of this school year - we had a Thanksgiving dinner.



Yep - turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, sparkling grape juice - all the works (minus the pumpkin pie, I just couldn't go there...) It was a great day for everyone; it was a great dinner - certainly worth all the extra dishes!



Here's to the rest of the school year! Thank you, Teachers (and all the school staff!!!)

1 comment:

Laura Fluke said...

Love it--- I should have come to your house for dinner!!! Looks good! And, you can even see where Bronson was going to sit with the MD can on the table!!! Glad it is all getting back to normal!